Ways to Give to HDC
- Gifts of Cash
Gifts of cash are always welcome. Simply make a check out to “HDC” and drop it off or put it in the mail. If you want to make the gift in memory of or in honor of someone, just enclose a note. If your company has a matching gift program, simply enclose the form along with your check.
- Amazon Smile
You can support HDC while you do your Amazon shopping. Just go to smile.amazon.com and choose Handicapped Development Center as your charity. Amazon will donate .5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases. It is that easy!
- Gifts of Real Estate
HDC accepts gifts of homes, farms, and lots under certain stipulations. Contact the Development Office for more information.
- Life Insurance
Several options are available when gifting life insurance. Some of these options can be carried out by simply completing a form that can be obtained from the insurance company. Here are several options:
- Purchase a new policy or donate one you currently own and no longer need
- Name HDC as the beneficiary or partial beneficiary to a policy
- Assign ownership of a life insurance policy to HDC
- Bequests (Click here for the brochure “Will Bequests Made Easy”) Leaving a legacy through your will offers many options, such as:
- Specifying a specific amount of money
- Leaving a specific piece of property (a house, jewelry, collections, etc.)
- Designating a percentage or fraction of the estate
- Leaving a residual bequest after all other bequests are satisfied.
- Gifts of Stock
You can transfer stock to the Center through a simple form available in the Development Office or you can have your broker contact us. By making a direct transfer of appreciated securities to HDC, you can avoid capital gains tax.
- Retirement Assets
You can name HDC as a beneficiary of your retirement accounts and leave other assets to heirs.
When making a gift to HDC, you may choose to designate where you would like your donation to go. You may choose to support a particular program or project. You can also designate your donation to be added to the HDC Endowment Fund where earnings from the fund will be available for many years to come.
Click here for Leave Your Legacy magazine, which contains inspiring stories and much useful information.
For more information on how to support HDC, contact Carol M. Foster, Vice President of Resource Development at 563-391-4834 or click to e-mail.