HDC Booster Organization
Who are the Boosters?
We are a group of people who promote and assist the mission of the Handicapped Development Center.
Our motto is “We do, so they can.”
What do the Boosters do?
We provide recreational activities for HDC participants including:
- Halloween, Christmas, and Valentine’s Day Dances
- A picnic in the fall
- A Saturday bowling league
Advocate and lobby for issues that effect people with disabilities through:
- Bus trips to Des Moines
- Letter writing campaigns to legislators
- Informing our membership and the broader community about important issues
Raise funds to help enhance services at HDC by:
- Organizing a Nut and Candy Sale
- Participating in the Birdies For Charity program
- Selling Quad Cities Dining Tour Books
- Having an account at Stuff Etc.
Keep people informed through:
- A monthly newsletter
- Sponsoring informational luncheons
- Tours of the Center
What do you do with the money raised throughout the year?
In addition to paying for the recreational activities provided to the HDC participants, we also make donations to the Center to purchase items that enhance services. The following items have been made possible through the Booster Organization:
- Automatic door openers
- Computer work stations
- A wheelchair accessible van
- Production equipment in Employment Services
- Furniture in the residential programs
- Much, much more!
Knowing the importance of ensuring the long-term future of the Center, we have also made substantial contributions to the HDC Endowment Fund.
Who are members of the Boosters?
We are parents, siblings, family members, and friends of individuals receiving services at HDC. Anyone can be a Booster. You just have to care about the cause and have a willingness to help. Associate Booster members are businesses in the community who support the Center’s mission through their place of business.
How much does it cost to become a member?
Annual membership fees are $10 for either an individual, family, or Associate. Memberships run on a calendar year, so renewal time is each January.
How do I join?
Just send $10 to the Boosters at:
3402 Hickory Grove Road – Davenport, IA 52806
Call the Center at 563-391-4834 or e-mail for more information.
Birdies for Charity
Thank you for this year’s support with the Birdies for Charity pledge. Stop by next year for the 2021 Birdies for Charity pledge form.