Volunteer at HDC
The Handicapped Development Center offers many opportunities for volunteers to share their time and talents to help change the lives of people in this community. Yes, YOU can positively affect people’s lives! Perhaps you have a special talent or skill to share. Maybe you have some know-how that you could teach our staff.
Call the Center at 563-391-4834 or click to e-mail and get more information.
Here are a few volunteer suggestions:
- Provide individualized attention to someone in a classroom setting
- Read to someone
- Take someone for a walk in their wheelchair
- Make craft projects
- Give a presentation or share a skill in your area of expertise
- Be a friend or pen pal to someone
- Help with yard work or spring clean up
- Help someone write a letter or e-mail a friend
HDC on Facebook
By being consumers, employees, taxpayers, and neighbors, HDC participants achieve a sense of belonging. From the work they do, they experience pride and satisfaction for doing a job well and being rewarded by a paycheck. By living in the community, they learn what it's like to pay bills and how to be a responsible citizen and a good neighbor.